Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hodge Podge

So here is just a mix of pictures that we have accumulated over the last week.  We start with a visit to Big Ben.  We had seen him on two other occasions.  One was in the rain and the other was at night.  Jake thought I was silly for wanting to see it in the day, not while it was raining.  He said that he had seen enough of good old Ben, so while he was at school, Sue and I went to see it again so I could get some pictures.  We also stopped by Westminster Abbey, just to see it.  We didn't take the chance to take a tour though.  Jake will with his school, but I'm hoping we can go back sometime so I can go through it too:)

I was having fun with the color settings on my camera.


The London Eye with Big Ben

Westminster Abbey

Later in the week we went to a couple museums.  Both of which, I had planned with Jake in mind.  He really likes Sherlock Holmes, so we went back and did a tour of his house.  After that, we went and took a tour of the Imperial War Museum.  He loves history, and I think he was in heaven walking through all the artifacts they had from all the major wars of the last hundred years. 

This is where Sherlock Holmes would have sat by the fire...If he was real:)


Us with the man himself.

There were lots of wax figures in the museum.  They were acting out scenes from the stories.  And were a little creepy.

This was awesome!  It was on the wall of the tube station.  The whole thing is made up of little tiny Sherlock Holmes' heads.

Imperial War Museum

This is a piece of the Berlin Wall, just outside of the War Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment