Tuesday, February 15, 2011

PARIS!!!

The city of lights...the city of love.  Oh how fitting that we were in Paris over Valentine's Day weekend.  I'm not sure that Jake will ever be able to top this Valentine's Day, but somehow I'm okay with that.  We met the Burks on Thursday night and we all headed out Monday.  We had an amazing weekend of lots and lots and lots of walking.

Our first morning there was exactly how I imagined it would be.  The sun was shining.  Perfect blue skies.  And as we sat on a bridge over the Seine River, paninis in hand, gazing at Notre Dame, we listened to an old man play that song from the movie Sabrina on an accordion (you know, the one she says they play just for the tourists).  Yes, I can say that I was in heaven at that moment. 

So without further ado, here is our trip to Paris in a nutshell.




In front of the Louvre
669 steps up, the 2nd level of the Eiffel Tower
All of us on the Eiffel Tower



Mmm....Gellato
Drinking hot chocolate in front of the Eiffel Tower




Notre Dame

1 comment:

  1. Linds - I'm jealous of your adventurous life!! :) It looks like you guys are having a great time and you're right, I don't know that Jake will be able to top this valentines day. He better start planning now for next year!!

    ReplyDelete